We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Sonnetina Quatro


SONNETINA QUATRO
1. The form comprises of two stanzas. These are a sestet and a quatrain.
2. The sestet and quatrain may appear either way round, but the more usual design is the sestet first.

Rhyme Scheme: ababab cdcd

Example Poem:

Then the Dog Ran Off    (Sonnetina Quatro)











I taught my dog to drive my truck 
so I could ride and play guitar. 
When I get drunk I'm still in luck, 
He drives home from the country bar. 
A trooper stopped us.  That did suck; 
We were not going very far. 

The truck's impounded.  I'm in jail, 
A license I forgot to get. 
Yes, it's a sad and sorry tale. 
My license won't work for my pet. 

 © Lawrencealot - January 5, 2012



Visual Template




No comments:

Post a Comment